Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Joys of Pregnancy...

I love being pregnant, but there are definite moments where I have to laugh. For instance I had to go to the Social Security office today to get a new card. I brought all sorts of treats and books knowing that this could be a long wait for my girls. Half way through I am noticing Lucy's diaper is leaking. At the same moment Belle yells, "Mom I have to go potty, bad." and Peter kicks me so hard I nearly peed my pants. So getting up as quick as I can without causing an accident I waddle to the nearest rest room. I get in and there was the question. Only one toilet, three problems. Who should go first? So naturally I help Belle. Then Lucy's diaper literally falls apart. At this point I am thinking, " I am a grown adult, don't pee your pants." I go to grab a diaper realizing I didn't bring one. Another joy of pregnancy my forgetfulness. I waddle back to our chair, Lucy screaming and people staring, grabbed the diaper and at this point lunging to the bathroom. I changed the diaper faster than I have ever changed a diaper in my life, put Lucy down and well that was the end of me. Belle looked at me shook her head and said, "Mom I guess you don't get a star on your potty chart." Right after my 19 month old grabbed a diaper and gave it to me.  Long story short, I am now laughing about it but man what a crazy moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment